“Personal Data” is any information which can be used to identify user (collectively “you”, “your” or “yours”) or from which you are identifiable. For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but is not limited to your name, telephone number, email address, government-issued identification numbers, date of birth and employment information.
1.COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect your Personal Data when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, you may provide your Personal Data to us when you:
- complete a user profile or registration forms (such as your name, contact information and other identification information where needed);
- fill up demographic information in surveys (such as your age, gender, and other information you may volunteer such as your marital status, occupation and income information);
Personal Data may be collected through the normal operation of our Apps, Websites and Services. Some examples are:
- feedback, ratings and compliments;
- information about how you interacted with our Apps, Website or Services (such as features used and content viewed);
- device information (such as hardware model and serial number, IP address, file names and versions and advertising identifiers or any information that may provide indication of device or app modification).
2.USE OF PERSONAL DATA
SMEs Grow Up may use, combine and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
Providing services and features
Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our Apps, Websites and Services. This includes using your Personal Data to:
- provide you with Services across our various business verticals;
- engage you to provide Services;
- create, administer and update your account;
- conduct due diligence checks;
- verify your identity (if necessary);
- make your experience more seamless, such as automatically filling in your registration information (such as your name or phone number) from one Service to another Service or when you participate in our surveys;
- perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
- protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available; and
- process and manage your certificate.
We use Personal Data to resolve customer support issues. For example, we may:
- investigate and address concerns;
- monitor and improve our user support responses;
- respond to questions, comments and feedback; and
- inform you about steps taken to resolve customer support issues.
Research and development and security
We may use the Personal Data we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to understand and analyse your needs and preferences, protect your Personal Data, improve and enhance the safety and security of our Services, develop new features, products and services, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions.
3.DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data with our legal advisors, law enforcement officials, government authorities and other third parties. This may take place to fulfil the legal purposes, or any of the following circumstances:
- where it is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of a person; or
- where it is necessary in the public interest (e.g. in a public health crisis, for contact tracing purposes and safeguarding our community).
4.RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the Purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. Once your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the Services or Purposes, or we no longer have a legal or business purpose for retaining your Personal Data, we take steps to erase, destroy, anonymise or prevent access or use of such Personal Data for any purpose other than compliance with this Policy, or for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws.
5.COOKIES AND ADVERTISING ON THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
6.PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable legal, organisational and technical measures to ensure that your Personal Data is protected. This includes measures to prevent Personal Data from getting lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your Personal Data to our employees on a need to know basis. Those processing your Personal Data will only do so in an authorised manner and are required to treat your information with confidentiality.
Nevertheless, please understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted through any online means, therefore, any transmission remains at your own risk.
7.YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where you are given the option to share your Personal Data with us, you can always choose not to do so. If we have requested your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
However, choosing not to share your Personal Data with us or withdrawing your consent to our use of it could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described in Section 2 (Use of Personal Data) or that you are unable to make use of the Services. After you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue to process your Personal Data to the extent required or otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
If you wish to make a request to exercise your rights, you can contact us through our contact details set out in Section 9 (How to Contact Us) below.
We will screen and verify all requests beforehand. In order to verify your authority to make the request, we may require you to provide supporting information or documentation to corroborate the request.
Once verified, we will give effect to your request within the timelines prescribed by applicable laws.
8. AMENDMENTS AND UPDATES
SMEs Grow Up shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites. By continuing to use the Apps, Websites or Services, or continuing to communicate or engage with SMEs Grow Up following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, you signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
9.HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this Policy or would like to exercise your rights set out in this Policy, please contact us at:
SMEs Grow Up